Regardless of whether you’re looking to sell a property or you’re in the market for a new property, it’s well worth continuing reading in order to discover a couple of valuable tips which will help you buy or sell a house.
Buying or Selling Your House:
5 Valuable Tips to Keep in Mind
1. If you’re selling your home make sure to have your home appraised – In order to ensure that you don’t accept an offer that’s way below what your house is worth, it’s crucial to take the time to have your home appraised by a third party. Always remember to opt for a third party appraisal rather than have a real estate agent appraise your home so that you get an objective appraisal which you can trust.
2. If you want to sell your home, take a look at the estimated value of the houses in your street – It’s well worth conducting a little online research to find out the prices of the latest homes in your street which were sold, which is public knowledge and can be found with a quick Google search. As by finding out how much the other homes in your street sold for, you can more accurately predict what price buyers may offer you for your home.
3. If you’re looking to buy a new home, visit as many property listings as you can – By visiting as many properties as possible, you’ll quickly start to learn what type of home you’ll be able to afford and whether or not you’ll need to compromise on any of the features on your dream home checklist. Just be sure to visit homes in different suburbs, as you’ll get different value for money in different areas. As an example, if you’re looking for a spacious family home you may get better value for money if you look for properties that are located a 20-minute drive from the CBD of your city, instead of trying to look for an inner-city home.
4. If you’re shopping for a new home, consider taking a trusted friend with you to view properties – It often helps to have a second opinion when you view properties as your friend may find flaws in a potential property which you may have overlooked. Just be sure to choose a friend who knows your taste in properties and who won’t try and find you a house that they’d like to move into.
5. Search for property listings online to save yourself valuable time – One way to quickly browse dozens of possible new homes is to search for property listings online. As most real estate agents post numerous, clear photos of each room in a house as well as the house’s exterior. So you’ll really get a sense of what a house looks like and whether or not it’s worth visiting in person. As in many cases, you’ll be able to cross a potential house off your list, after viewing a couple of photos of its interior.
So if you’re in the market for a new house or you’re looking to sell your current property for a competitive price, hopefully, you found the tips listed above useful.